tisdag 20 augusti 2013

Some people just have that look about them

This day I took the bicycle to the store, I had a package to leave at the post office and some food to buy. (Posten- the post-office in Sweden is inside food-stores nowadays). I rang the bell and I saw him come towards me. He was working today. I felt the awkwardness come creeping in. He recognized me (I saw it in his eyes), he took the parcel and looked at the weight of it. I asked if I could get an A-prioritaire mark for that. It comes in the post tomorrow anyway, he says. (Its the same country post, dumb girl). But you need another poststamp. Oh I don't got one with me. He looks at me, writes the cost on a piece of paper. Show this to register cashier personal, I will put another stamp on your letter and see that it goes, he says and smiles. I thank him and walk away, I have still the grocerylist to go through firstly, hope I remember the note. Yeah. I did my shopping in a hurry, to get out, to get some air, to breathe.
  What more can I have said to him? Smiled more and winked maybe? I did do that, didn't I? I could have stood still and watched him get that extra poststamp on the parcel, letter/thing. Waited for something more? I trust him. Some people just have that look about them. Comfort, warmth, hot-blooded type, that searching eyes. Should I have said something more? Wondering still.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar