tisdag 7 januari 2014

Ted Talk "loose transcript" Andrew Solomon


  Andrew Solomon - Depression, the secret we share. (Shows pictures of famous persons that had depression Emily Dickinson, Goya, ) 1991 mother died, relationship dead, 3 years later, did not want to do anything. - Everything to do seem like to much to do. Instead of feel good to have friends what alot to do. Difficult to eat. You know it is ridiculous to be depressed. Feel myself doing less, thinking less. Then anxiety. If you told a month only. A sensation of being afraid all the time. Too painful to be alive. Lay in bed thinking something is wrong. Finally the phone rang. His Father rang him. Who am I if I cannot be myself? What if the medication do me someone else. There be something. Merge and relapsed. Have to be in therapy for life. Is it philosophical or...
The treatment is a disaster, I hope in the future. No thing of love without desprair. Depression, grief and sadness. Loss, six months later feel better it is grief. If loss and still at a loss six month later, then it is depression.
Andrew Solomon interviewed depression people. It is a serious thing.
Lithium without the medicin she katatonic. I was singing to myself Where have all the flowers gone over and over to get the voice out of your head. - Think about killin self.
Thats true but I think what to focus about now is what to have for breakfast.
Play videogame an hour. The healthy thought killing more than the depressed group thought of killin little monsters.
A husband and wife hiding their depression to eachother. Hiding medication in different places in the same
If u have braincancer.
If you feel better you get better from depression.
How medication - making little things from yarn helped a woman. (Look out if she had OCD too)
Rwanda, westafrica, east africa - Treatment - take the people into sunshine and music and community, no the westernes just took them to a room and make them talk about bad things in this damp room.
A woman of 7children just laid on the bed, covers over her head, abusive husband. 6months later she is single mother can help the kids with their homework, she got happier kids and says: I asked the lord to send me an angel and he did, she said.
Think it through. What is the mechanism of resillience? Those who hide from it get worse. Those who have it. Im glad to have been in hospital 40times. Learned to give all the things I need. Have found a soul inside myself says Andrew Solomon. Found a way to love my depression, to cling to the reasons for living.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar