tisdag 24 februari 2015

This song was released one year ago today

I have had problem with the lyrics Take me to church
because I have come to grown up from believing to be a non believer..

It was somewhere when I was at sunday school as a 5yearold I think because the tale of the fish and bread that magically was enough to feed the thousands listening to Jesus speech at some mountain.

But I checked the lyrics to Hozier song and there saw the comments of the music video and in an interview Hozier himself has said that the song is about taking a distance from the Irish church and the hate crime against homosexuals. Love is for everyone. No matter who you are, where you´re from you should be loved.

There goes the text, thou shalt not have other Gods than me, written by a human author in the Bible(book of books) sometime in the 13th century as Gutenberg had invented printing books.
So there are other Gods then to choose from? I'm glad for that. I like the mythologies that have all kinds of Gods for every human behavior. In greek, hindu, northern Asatro and the Finnish Kalevala. 

One year ago I was at the beginning class of Buddhist meditation, which I found satisfying because it is the telling of wisdom that have been pondering on from 4000years ago by men mostly. To sit and breathe and think well of one and all. Its like affirmation that I first heard of on the Oprah Winfrey show actually. Is the affirmation word borrowed from the buddhist community?  

Come to think of it it might have been Metallica Enter Sandman lyrics that turned me from listening to prayers because as the lyrics goes "never mind that noice you heard" to the child praying. And at the same time Madonnas Prayer was also my favorite song as I grew up but I thought the name of the song was more like "take me there..."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar